What I’m going to try to do here is list out some of the more interesting copyright infringement cases and the associated RECAPed dockets. [Work in progress] If you think there is a case that should be added, please comment or send an email to email@example.com along with your thoughts.
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals – Ingenuity13 LLC v. John Doe (Prenda Law appeal of 2:12-cv-08333), Case 13-55859.
- Prenda Law, Inc. v. Godfread et al (Does 1-10, to include DieTrollDie and Sophisticated Jane Doe), ILND, Case 1:13-cv-04341. 3 Feb 2014 – Sanctions are Ordered! SanctionsOrder_203_04341
- AF Holdings LLC v. David Harris, AZD, Case 2:12-cv-02144.
- Ingenuity13 LLC v. John Doe (Judge Wright Torpedo), CACD, Case 2:12-cv-08333.
- Sunlust Pictures, LLC v. Tuan Nguyen, FLMD, Case 8:12-cv-01685.
- AF Holdings LLC v. Doe (Motion to Disqualify Judge Noel & The Mother-In-Law), MND, Case 0:12-cv-01445.
- AF Holdings, LLC v. Chowdhury (Judgement against Prenda – $64K), 1:12-cv-12105.
- Lightspeed Media Corporation v. Smith et al, ILSD, 3:12-cv-00889.
- MALIBU MEDIA, LLC v. HIND, et al, INSD, 1:12-cv-01117.
- AF Holdings, LLC v. Patel, GAND, 2:12-cv-00262.
- MALIBU MEDIA, LLC v. MCSWEENEY et al, INSD (Motion for fees/costs against Malibu Media – Also 2 defaults v. 2 Does for $67.5K), 1:12-cv-00842.
- Malibu Media LLC v. Doe, ILND (80-Year Old Woman), 2:13-cv-00097
- Lightspeed Media Corp. v. Smith, ILSD, (Duffy, Steele, & Hansmeier ordered to pay $261K to Smith, Comcast, & AT&T), 3:12-cv-00889
- First Time Videos, LLC v. Paul Oppold, MDFL, (“sharkmp4” = Prenda Law), 6:12-cv-01493
- VPR Internationale v. Does 1 – 1017, ILCD, (“Alan Cooper” is the President), 2:11-cv-02068. Early Steele/Hansmeier case. Copyrights movies for VPR